7290 Virginia Parkway, Suite 2300
McKinney, Texas 75071
BUSINESS AND REVENUE DEVELOPMENT/ STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP/INNOVATIVE PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
With Hope, you can see the invisible, feel the intangible and achieve the impossible ~Author Unknown>
President, Hope Housing Foundation (HOPE) Assertive Management Group, LLC – Amarillo, Texas
Hope Housing Foundation is a Texas nonprofit corporation dedicated to the creation and preservation of affordable workforce housing for low to moderate income families and individuals, and community development. The Foundation, which is headquartered in Amarillo, Texas, was incorporated as a 501(C) (3) in 1998. As a nonprofit organization committed to housing, HOPE reinvests excess revenues in its charitable mission. HOPE has a business model that will position us as one of the most effective, nonprofit affordable workforce housing organizations in the Country.
- Leadership role in creating an organization and culture that has a high level of integrity, professional and progressive-analytical-critical thinking.
- Plan, organize and direct day-to-day management and maintenance operations of HOPE Housing Foundation. Currently, the foundation holds ownership of a 110 unit housing complex in South Texas, 464 unit housing complex in Louisiana with plans to acquire 500-1000 units housing units per year.
- Works closely with the Board of Directors in the development of all policies and procedures regarding HOPE Housing Foundation including strategic initiatives, economic feasibility, sound business planning and management.
- Develop and direct programs that sustain the physical, social and programmatic viability of the HOPE Housing developments. To develop a sense of community for residents with their home, their development and their community.
- Establish policies in support of HOPE goals and objectives monitor and evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures and allocate resources accordingly.
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of HOPE Housing budget; approve the forecast of funds needed by operations for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; approve expenditures and implement budgetary adjustments as judged appropriate and necessary.
- Ensures Federal, State and local statutes compliance, with all covenants of the HOPE Housing properties for successful realization of tax-credits due to the Limited Partner Investors. Additionally, attending and coordinating meetings with the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Collaborate extensively with and to secure corporate Investors and Limited Partners that may have a vested interest in the housing communities through structured Limited Partnerships.
Vice-President-Operations, American Housing Foundation-Amarillo, Texas
Interim President (June 2010-January 2011)
Amarillo-based American Housing Foundation successfully grew from two apartment complexes purchased from a local Catholic organization in 1989 to one of the largest affordable housing companies in the country providing homes to more than 50,000 families and individuals, while supporting healthy communities. American Housing Foundation boasted 14,000 units spread across Texas-including nine apartment complexes in the Austin area-and other states.
- Directed and provided oversight for American Housing Foundation Portfolio which included 4,000 family units, 5,000 senior units and 3,000 scattered site units.
- Managed, directed and monitored four private property management firms assigned to oversee the day-to-day operations of American Housing Foundation Portfolio. These operations include; occupancy/leasing, marketing, resident selection, resident relations, annual resident re-examinations, lease enforcement, rent collection, evictions, routine and emergency maintenance and reports, management of the grounds and public spaces.
- Promoted effective relations between American Housing Foundation and its residents, confer with government officials and community leaders for the purpose of maximizing public housing services and ensuring compliance Attended meetings with HUD, municipal officials, consultants, contractors, City Hall representatives, residents and community leaders to resolve conflicts or communicate policy, procedures and general information.
- Successfully established systems and procedures that assured compliance with applicable federal, state and local government laws and regulations.
- Planned and facilitated the operations of American Housing Resident Development programs through effective planning, staff management, resource allocation, and sound fiscal practices; programs included community partners, partnership & resource development, workforce development, HUD Section 8, and homeownership.
- Meet regularly with Board of Directors to discuss and resolve priorities, workload, resource allocation, budgets, technical issues, quality standards, and services. Additionally, lead the development of acquiring new housing units on behalf of American Housing Foundation.
President, Chief Operating Executive & Principal, ADJ Mortgage LLC- Desoto, Texas
ADJ Mortgage Corporation provided mortgage services for commercial and residential properties, investment firms, business entities and nonprofit organizations within the State of Texas. The company originated, processed, closed and serviced mortgage loans. At ADJ Mortgage our motto was “relationships built on service.” We took pride in being an industry leader in service and building strong relationships with our business partners
- Developed operational effectiveness strategies to support overall financial goals of ADJ Mortgage deliver on our customer promise and desired customer experience, support the clients and messaging.
- Regularly identified opportunities to increase revenue, improve productivity and create long-term sustainable value, continuously focusing on managing the profitability of the ADJ mortgage operations team.
- Defined and casted the vision of ADJ Mortgage success with key stakeholders and employees to create buy-in and support, emphasizing the need to achieve alignment with all segments of the mortgage company.
- Continuously evaluated feasibility of business strategy based on developments in competitive environment as well as internal resources, recommending changes or new courses of action as appropriate.
- Established a two-way working relationship with subordinates to solicit their views on the working environment, potential changes affecting their work, continuous improvement opportunities, and revisions to the plan.
- Ensured effective controls, monitoring and reporting procedures were in place to ensure risk to mortgage company was mitigated.
- Required and monitored adherence and compliance to the mortgage company policies and procedures related to internal governance and regulations, particularly those established by state and federal law. Recruited, lead, managed and develop a diverse team of 15 loan officers, two processors and underwriter using effective training, performance assessment and coaching techniques.
- Diligently created high-performing teams and initiated cultural change to deliver best in class sales results.
President, Near Town and Associates, Inc. – Houston, Texas
Near Town and Associates was a Texas Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Housing Organization in which was created and dedicated to providing quality, safe, decent, affordable housing to low income individuals.
Principal, Reality Inc. – Houston, Texas
Reality Inc. was a residential home acquisition firm that acquired abandoned single family homes that were renovated and sold to private individuals and investment groups
Professional and Personal References available upon request