Dedicated professional with over 25 years comprehensive medical and office, multi-site Facilities Management, Project Management, Human Resource, and Budget and Financial Management knowledge and experience. Detailed oriented with extensive technical, decision-making and multi-tasking skills utilized to achieve corporate performance standards and goals.
General Manager/Engineer I, February 2009 – Present
General Manager, October 1990- February 2009
Goldberg Towers, 80,000 sf – 1990 – 2001
Kelsey Seybold Clinics (5), 2.5m sf – 2001-2009
St. Lukes Emergency Center (4), 200K sf – 2001-2009
Invensys (2), 120K sf – 2009-Present
- Management and administration of operational, administrative, and financial functions for contracted facilities.
- Developed, managed and monitored respective facility budgets ranging from $500K to $2.0M.
- Directed all maintenance/engineering operations of buildings and grounds.
- Monitored operations and maintenance of all facility utility systems to include heating, ventilation, air-conditioning.
- Human resource functions – employee relations, benefits, recruitment, hiring, training, performance improvement, and termination.
- Supervision of administrative personnel, cafeteria staff, security, and janitorial service/staff.
- Review and maintain business and financial records per company policy, federal mandates, and state and local regulations.
- Project management involving new construction, renovations, and any capital modification to existing structures.
- Analyze and maintain standard office and facility equipment and services.
- Obtain, monitor and review all lease and maintenance/service agreements as well as other applicable resources to support facility operations.
- Administer and supervise facility related financial processes to include accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Establish annually, and monitor weekly, business objectives, operating statement, revenue forecasts, and financial budget expectations for each facility.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, EPA, OSHA and other regulatory safety compliance regulations.
- 10-year business and safety audit rating of 100%
- HR Coordinator for the Southern District
- Assisted with training new General Managers in Southern District
- Graduate of Sodexo Emerging Leaders
- Assisted with RFP throughout the country
- Received Silver award for Outstanding Performance for 2010
- Received an award for an informative facilities management video production
- Food Service Certification
- OSHA Certification in progress
GENERAL MANAGER, 1980 TO 1990
Red Oaks Rehabilitation Facility, Houston, TX
BS, Political Science
Summary of Skills
MS Office (Intermediate level – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Numerous proprietary software programs