Business and Revenue Development / Stratrgic Leadership / Fundraising / Innovative Program Development
- Master of Science – Non-Profit Organizational Management and Leadership Springfield College, School of Human Services – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Bachelor of Science – Business Administration, Marketing Minor Morris Brown College – Atlanta, Georgia
- African American Leadership Program – The Leadership Center Cardinal Stritch University – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Harvard Business School Executive Education – Social Enterprise Strategic Perspectives in Nonprofit Management
- Harvard Business School – Boston, Massachusetts
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- African-American Leadership Program, Cardinal
- Stritch University Harvard Business Club of Wisconsin, Harvard Business School
Detail-oriented, dedicated, and self-motivated professional with progressive experience in senior executive leadership and program direction, combined with strong organizational and administrative skills. Demonstrated expertise in delivering quality programming and services to youth and low-income families within the City of Milwaukee. Exemplify strong demeanor in raising funds and overseeing operational budgets, as well as in establishing and expanding partnerships with city, local and state government, area public and private schools, businesses, and community organizations.
Workforce Development and Training Director, Milwaukee Center for Independence (MCFI) – Milwaukee, Wisconsin 2011-2012
- Accountable for developing marketable employment and training programs that were sustained through diverse revenue relationships. Responsible for designing preparatory programs in keeping with local labor market needs, and qualifying the agency for student grants and loans. Prepared business plans and budget forecasting models that provided for net annual net earning revenues. Proactively engaged with businesses and community organizations to identify needs and develop training programs to prepare participants to meet employer needs.
Executive Director, HeartLove Place, Inc. (HLP) – Milwaukee, Wisconsin 2003-2009
- Efficiently provided strategic direction, developed programs, and managed daily and administrative operations in this grassroots, neighborhood based organization committed to helping individuals, families, and communities through comprehensive educational and social programming. Directed a 60 member staff with 7 senior level direct reports, and controlled operating and capital budgets. Administered core programs and services, including Childcare Development Center, Camp HeartLove, Adult and Teen Family Resource Center, Safe and Sound Teen Program, ProStart Culinary Arts Training Program, Full Service Banquet facility, and the SPFS food service site for the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Counseled and supported the Board of Directors and led visioning, strategic planning, and program evaluation initiatives.
Director, Palmer Community Learning Center, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee – Milwaukee, Wisconsin 2001-2003
- Hired to construct and lead before and after school programming at the new location. Administered 25 professional staff including assistant director, academic coordinator, IS technician, 5 certified teachers, and 15 program instructors. Handled a $200K operational budget with additional funds for childcare assistance. Procured computers, recreational equipment, supplies, food and beverages; initiated transportation contracts.
Community Relations Manager, Firstar Community Development Division, Firstar Corporation – Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1997-2001
- Developed relationships with community organizations and businesses, including UWM-Extension, YWCA, Maximus, Consumer Credit Counseling Services, and the Milwaukee Urban League, in support of Firstar’s initiative to deliver financial literacy education.